Thursday, October 21, 2010

17: Figure Drawing Post

Black and white charcoal on toned paper, maybe two hours. This model was a ROCK. I don't think she moved for an hour at a time. Also, her hair: smiles for ever

Charcoal on watercolor paper, hour and a half or so. This is such a good medium for observational studies!

The following are various gestures, usually under ten, if not fifteen minutes. Pirasteh teaches us many different approaches to drawing, which I'm enjoying quite a lot. I feel like I'm improving...I just need to quit halfassing the feet, hah.




3 comments:

  1. Gosh, the first one is beautiful. I always love your charcoal artworks <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looking really good - I love the shading and linework especially on the second piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both. :) Figures are so rewarding to draw...

    ReplyDelete