Tuesday, February 22, 2011

28: No Rhyme or Reason

I don't post enough anymore, do I? Here's a mishmash of (more) school project concepts and some personal doodles. I'm working on a fairly ambitious sculpture project for my illustration methods class, for which I'll make a separate process post once it's complete.

The lowdown on my printmaking situation: As much as I love looking at woodcut prints, turns out I'm kind of awful at the process. And 18 credit hours overloaded me like woah, so I bid an unfortunate goodbye to relief printmaking. Thankfully, I recently managed a solid grasp on the lithographic printing process, and just in time for mid-terms next week! I need to have another photographic transfer plate and a traditional lithograph stone drawing completed fairly soon, so here's the concepts I've been noodling around with for those:
Trees and reptiles are the thing now.

A silhouette of this guy was another option, but it still seems strange to make numbered editions of a personal character no one cares about.







And on an ending note, here's an experiment from illustration methods; a traditional and digital collage. The end product is a bit...garish, and is another example of a project I wish I'd had more time with, but the process was very rewarding. I definitely need to try something of the sort with more personal projects.

1 comment:

  1. Is the bottom piece the one that you felt uncomfortable presenting to the class? I think that's a damn fine bit of graphic design/illustration work, Miss Katie.

    ReplyDelete