Friday, April 2, 2010

1: An Introduction

All of the cool kids have art blogs, so I'd better start one up as well. Contemporaneously, I attend the Columbus College of Art and Design as a second semester freshman and I have declared an illustration major. I feel that my strength lies in traditional media, and my main focus right now is on value study. A shitload of my old art (and some rather unprofessional doodlings) can be found on my Deviantart account. I keep a Livejournal as well where I post about daily life though many doodles are uploaded there as well. The following is some personal art-blather from the past few weeks, some of it more serious than the rest.
Some silly thing I cooked up during downtime in one of my classes.


Corel Painter work in progress. These creatures, Runners, will probably pop up quite often in my posts. I suppose I'll make a full-on blab post about them in the future, but for now I'll just say that they're incredibly skittish antelope-people. This wip features a female with three children in a 'safe area' near an old church (the church isn't actually there yet, but I digress...). The gods in their world are semi-physical beings, and even vague remnants of the Serene Goddess Llok can soothe the Runners. Otherwise they are ruled by the Chaos God Nopu.


Took a stab at non-observational graphite. Angels are one of my favorite subjects.

Here's to hoping I actually keep this thing up to date! Now, to figure out the rest of the site...

No comments:

Post a Comment